Love sushi but looking for a Keto option? This recipe is sure to impress. It may be free from rice, but don’t let that turn you away – these sushi cones are packed full of flavour and loaded with crunchy vegetables and salmon to keep you satisfied.
For the veggies, I’ve used carrots, cucumber and creamy avocado, but you can use any other fresh veggies you have on hand like zucchini, radish or capsicum. And if fish isn’t your favourite, swap out the salmon for some marinated tofu instead.
Made in as quick as 20 minutes, it’s an easy weekday lunch or light dinner idea that the whole family can enjoy.
For added flavour: Pacific Harvest Seaweed Seasoning and Pacific Harvest Power of Three Seaweed Flakes
For a unique twist to this delicious meal, I’ve added these two seasonings. Both are gluten free, plant-based and an excellent source of iodine. They add a nutritious boost to any savoury recipe and pair well with rice or in soups and broths. Try them in our Seaweed Five Seed Crackers – a healthy homemade snack that’s perfect for when you’re on the go.
For your dipping sauce: Chantal Organics Tamari
Tamari has a much deeper umami flavour when compared with traditional soy sauce. More commonly used in Japanese cultures, it’s thicker in consistency and contains less sodium. In this recipe, I’ve used Chantal Organics Tamari. This gluten-friendly alternative is free from wheat and can be utilised in a variety of ways. Whether it’s used as a tasty marinade for meat and vegetables, mixed into stir fries or enjoyed as a dipping sauce for sushi, it’s a delicious choice for Asian-inspired dishes.
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Pacific Harvest Power of Three Seaweed Flakes
- 1 teaspoon oil 100g raw or smoked salmon
- 1-2 Tablespoons Pacific Harvest Garlic Seaweed & Sesame Seasoning
- 4 nori seaweed sheets cut in half
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 small carrot
- Shredded sprouts
- Chantal Organics Tamari - for dipping
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl, add seaweed flakes and whisk.
- Heat a little oil in a medium pan.Pour half of the egg mixture into the hot pan, swirling to create a thin even omelette. Once cooked flip out onto a plate and repeat with remaining egg mixture.
- Slice salmon and coat in garlic, seaweed and sesame seasoning. Prepare remaining ingredients. And cut your two omelettes into quarters.
- To make the sushi cone. place half of a nori sheet on a board topped by a piece of omelette. Add a couple of slices of salmon, avocado, cucumber, carrots and a few sprouts. Bring the lower corner of nori up over filling, tuck the bottom end and roll to enclose. Dab a little water or tamari on the edge to seal. Repeat 7 more times.
- Serve with pickled ginger and tamari soy sauce.
Makes: 8 sushi cones | Total time: 20 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving*
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 115
- Total Fat: 6g
- Total Carbohydrate: 7g
- Net Carbohydrate: 6g
- Protein: 10g Sugar: 0g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|