Looking for a delectable treat to indulge in over Easter? Nuzest has just what you need. These chocolate brownie easter eggs are a delicious surprise on your tastebuds – one bite and you’re in peanut brownie goodness.
These chocolate brownie easter eggs are a wonderful treat to add to your kid’s Easter hunt or to simply enjoy any time of the day when sweet cravings are calling.
Using any size of egg moulds and your favourite chocolate (we recommend Loving Earth Organic Hazelnut Mylk Chocolate), these easter eggs can be made dairy free, sugar free and flavoured as you wish. For the best of both worlds, use half of the recipe with white chocolate – mmm.
For protein-packed flavour: Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Rich Chocolate
It’s in the name – for flavour brimming with rich chocolate, but packed with clean protein that keeps you fueled, Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Rich Chocolate is an easy choice for this recipe – and for your everyday.
This complete protein is terrific for many reasons. On top of being an excellent choice for supporting healthy energy, it’s low in carbs and fat – making it a great option for many diets. Made from premium European pea protein, it’s naturally free from gluten and GMOs.
Pair it with your favourite smoothie (or feel inspired by our Superfood Summer Smoothies) or better yet – give it a go in this irresistible Easter-themed recipe.
- 2 scoops Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Rich Chocolate
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup xylitol
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup melted – not hot – butter (use melted coconut oil for a vegan version)
- 2 eggs (or flax egg/egg replacer for a vegan version)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Your choice of chocolate
- Your choice of peanut butter
- To make the brownies, mix the Clean Lean Protein, almond flour, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl.
- Blend the almond milk, melted butter, eggs, xylitol and vanilla and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and add to a baking dish.
- Bake at 170C for 30mins.
Easter egg moulds
- Melt the chocolate and prepare the easter egg moulds (make sure they are clean and ready to go).
- Cut the brownie into pieces (that fit nicely in the moulds and can be coated with chocolate).
- Add a little melted chocolate to the moulds, a little peanut butter if you wish and then a piece of chocolate brownie.
- Add more melted chocolate on top of the brownie to fill in the gaps.
- Place the assembled easter eggs in the fridge to set. Overnight is ideal or at least a couple hours. Enjoy!
Time: 1hr + time to set in the fridge Serves: Depends on size of easter egg moulds
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|