Not in the mood for a sweet brekkie but after something quick, easy and super satisfying? Why not give these delicious ramen oats a go.
While most of us tend to associate oats with sweeter options like porridge, cookies or even as crumble topping, savoury oats are a delicious option to add on weekly rotation. Highly nutritious and good for you, this recipe is full of healthy fats, carbohydrates and protein to help nourish and fuel.
Packed with gut loving goodness from Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth Miso Ramen and Urban Hippie Miso Paste, and topped with egg for added protein, it’s a well-rounded meal to enjoy any day of the week. Other ingredients I’ve topped these oats with include savoury yeast and seeds – but you’re welcome to opt those out with alternatives or anything else you have on hand.
For your daily omegas: New Hemisphere Garlic Flavoured Hemp Seed Oil
For a boost of nutrition and flavour to meals, this hemp seed oil makes it easy. Made using cold-pressed extra virgin hemp seed oil, it has a smooth and nutty flavour with a delicious twist of garlic.
The benefits of hemp seed oil:
- A vegan-friendly alternative to fish oil
- Great source of nutrients
- Rich in essential fatty acids – which are superb as part of a healthy diet
On top of being incredibly nourishing when applied to dry or tired skin, this all-rounder is delicious in smoothies, dips, salads – the list goes on!
For prebiotic goodness: Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth Miso Ramen
Rich in umami flavour, this nourishing broth uses Australian free range chicken bones, red miso, MCT oil and other wholesome ingredients that are delicious, nutritious and good for you.
You’ll love that it:
- Contains zinc and B vitamins
- Is shelf-stable
- Is low in sodium when compared with liquid broth concentrates
- Is paleo and keto friendly
Enjoy on its own as a healthy drink or add it to any dish that calls for broth or stock. Just add hot water and you’re good to go.
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon Urban Hippie Miso Paste
- 2 teaspoons Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth Miso Ramen
- 1 teaspoon Lotus Savoury Yeast Flakes
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Organic Quick Rolled Oats
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ spring onion, sliced
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated
- Pinch Pacific Harvest Power of Three Seaweed Flakes
- Pinch Lotus Savoury Yeast Flakes
- Drizzle of New Hemisphere Garlic Flavoured Hemp Seed Oil
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Using a spoon lower the egg into the water and cook for 6 minutes. Rinse under cold water and de-shell. Set aside for serving.
- Meanwhile, combine water, miso paste, broth powder, savoury yeast flakes and oats in a small pot and whisk.
- Heat on medium heat stirring continually until thick and creamy.
- Serve topped with egg, sliced avocado, spring onion, seed mix, seaweed flakes and savoury yeast flakes. Finish with a drizzle of hemp seed oil.
Makes: 1 serving | Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving *
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 371
- Total Fat: 17g
- Total Carbohydrate: 37g
- Net Carbohydrate: 28g
- Protein: 20g
- Sugar: 3g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.
Dietaries: Dairy Free
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|