Need a healthy snack to satisfy your sweet cravings? With the addition of activated seeds, rice syrup and coconut oil, these seeded bounty bars have a delicious crunch and meet the mark when it comes to your nutrition too.
Going dairy free or keto? Giving up gluten or refined sugar? This feel-good recipe has the whole family in mind. From your afternoon pick-me-up to your sweet treat after dinner, delight your tastebuds to a drool-worthy option here to nourish and revive.
Better yet – get wild with your toppings. From chopped nuts or seeds, flaky sea salt (yum), edible dried flower petals – or anything else that you fancy, make it yours with ingredients that will take this recipe to a new level.
Whether you’re short for time or looking for an activity to do with little ones, these bounty bars are an easy option to introduce to your day.
The superstar ingredient: Radiance Beetroot Powder
This 100% beetroot powder offers a sweet yet tangy flavour that tastes great in soups, baked goods or go-to smoothie – try them in one of my favourite recipes.
In addition to providing added antioxidants for your overall health, this beetroot powder is packed with vitamins and minerals – and is superb if you’re in need of an energy boost or looking to avoid the 3pm slump.
For a delicious crunch: ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated
Seeds are such a versatile food group that can be added to almost any dish. From your favourite salad or soup to smoothies or brekkie bowls – they're great for adding a delicious crunch.
Being rich in healthy fats, protein, antioxidants and fibre – this nutritional powerhouse is a pantry essential for good reason. It’s also activated – making the nutrients more bioavailable and superb for our digestive health.
- ½ cup mixed frozen berries, defrosted and blended smooth
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Rice Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated (optional: blitz a few times in a food processor for a finer texture)
- 1 Tablespoon Radiance Beetroot Powder
- In a medium bowl combine the coconut milk, melted coconut oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla with the desiccated coconut. Then, add the blended berries and beetroot powder, and mix well.
- Add the seed mix to the bowl. If the mixture is too moist, add a little extra desiccated coconut.
- Spread into a lined 20cmx20cm container and pop in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into roughly 14 pieces. Mould into shape with your hands (I like to round the edges a little) and place onto a parchment-lined tray. Put back into the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
- Melt the dark chocolate, ready for dipping.
- Dip each cooled coconut bar into the melted dark chocolate, and place back onto the parchment paper to set. Drizzle with a little extra chocolate to decorate, and sprinkle over a combination of dried flower petals, nuts, and/or flaky sea salt. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Makes: 14 bars | Prep Time: 35 minutes
What's inside? Nutritional goodness per serve*
Total Fat: 14g
Total Carbohydrate: 14g
Net Carbohydrate: 11g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|