Many of you will have enjoyed a miso soup before, but did you know that miso paste isn’t just for ramen broths and savoury sauces? It is a delicious (and healthful) addition to dessert treats too. To make this Salted Miso Caramel Gelato I have blended sweet coconut sugar and salty miso, with coconut cream to make a decadent and rich salted caramel gelato that’s ideal for dairy free diets. Make it an extra special treat by topping it with chopped nuts, cacao nibs and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt for extra umami flavour.
- 2 cans full fat coconut cream
- ½ cup ROAR Organic Artisan Coconut Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons BioBalance Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoons Urban Hippie Miso Paste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Add the coconut cream, vanilla and coconut sugar together in a pot and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently to let reduce and thicken. Once the caramel coats the back of a spoon, mix in the coconut oil and miso. Continue to stir until smooth.
- Pour into a lined slice tin or freezer-safe container and place in the freezer overnight.
- Once ready serve topped with cacao nibs and chopped nuts.
Servings: 4 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Set time: Overnight
Nutritional Information Per Serving*
- Total Fat: 56g
- Total Carbs: 31g
- Net Carbs: 27g
- Total Protein: 4g