We all have those moments when you need a pick-me-up, and how about adding some variety to your regular cuppa? In the South American kitchen the combination of raw cacao and spices is not unknown. There is a real bite to this recipe and believe us, it will give you just that extra bit of energy you were looking for! The 3 included superfoods, Certified Organic Maca Powder, Certified Organic Raw Cacao Powder and Organic Coconut Sugar support a healthy lifestyle. So you can spice it up as much as you want and feel good about drinking this treat.
This hot chocolate is SUPER for three simple reasons.
- It's delicious.
- It’s full of SUPERfoods.
- It’s chocolate!!!
- 1 ½ cups milk of your choice (or water)
- 2 Tbsp BioBalance Certified Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp BioBalance Certified Organic Maca Powder
- 1 Tbsp BioBalance Organic Coconut Sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cinnamon powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Mix the dry ingredients in a cup
- Add a bit of hot water, stir well to create a runny paste
- Warm the milk on the stove and let cool slightly
- Whisk the paste into the milk
- Serve immediately with a cinnamon stick, if desired
- You can add extra coconut sugar if you are a sweet tooth