It’s Summer Time and how refreshing is each dive into the blue sea or a pool on a relaxing day to cool off? Playing in the water with your friends or your children is one part of the holiday season that puts a smile on everyone’s face. Now, to keep that smile beaming, you might want to consider a bit of extra maintenance for your hair and skin. Hair and skin can be sensitive to the harsh sunlight and chlorine or salty water, but with some easy hair care tips, you will be enjoying every plunge without a worry.
There are two natural oils that we suggest you have in your bathroom cupboard, they are both versatile oils that can be used on both hair and skin in many different ways:
- Coconut oil is super-moisturizing. It penetrates deep into the skin and hair to keep it soft and supple. Packed with antioxidants, it may also help fight free radicals which may also slow aging. Plus, it has antifungal and antibacterial properties that may support your body against microbial infections.
- Argan oil is mother natures ‘golden oil’ that has a rich history of being Cleopatra’s little helper in keeping her skin and hair smooth and beautifully shiny. Argan oil is widely available, but with a range of different oils out there, it’s important to source one that is the real deal. Look for one that is certified Organic and cold pressed.
How to use both of these oils:
- Mix ½ cup of Organic Cold Pressed Coconut oil with 20 drops of Organic Cold pressed Argan oil and stir them until well blended. Store in a glass jar and keep in a cool place. (If you store them in the fridge the coconut oil will go very hard)
- Apply a hair mask in the evening before bed. Liberally rub the oils into your hair; put a towel on your pillow and as you sleep your hair will recharge and you will be ready for a brand new day on the beach. (Wash off as usual with shampoo in the morning – or leave as is under your hat if you want)
- Use the oil on your skin at night to replenish lost moisture.
- Use the oil to smooth down any fly away stray dry hairs after a day at the beach.
- You can also use either of the oils by themselves in the same way.
Enjoy the rest of your Summer with this winning combination of Coconut & Argan Oil keeping you smooth!
BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is rich in Vitamin E, minerals, healthy fatty acids and dietary fibre, nourishing the body inside and out. BioBalance Certified Organic Argan Oil Hair Treatment is 100% pure, cold pressed Moroccan Argan Oil. This rich oil helps repair and protect dull, dry and damaged hair, restoring moisture, suppleness and shine.
We’d Love Your Feedback
Have you used Coconut or Argan Oil before? If yes what's your favourite way of using them?
Do you have any other summer beauty tips?