Are functional mushrooms the new coffee? You’ve likely heard about these weird and wonderful ‘shrooms - reishi, lion's mane, chaga, cordyceps and turkey tail… but what makes them functional? Let's unpack their nourishing qualities so you can find out which one’s best for you, and our Naturopath’s personal favourites.
In today’s Choose Well with HealthPost Podcast episode all about Functional Mushroom, we discuss…
- What are Functional Mushrooms – where do they come from?
- Functional Mushroom benefits – which ‘shroom is best for your health goals
- Functional Mushroom traditional use vs modern research
- Surprising facts you didn't know about Functional Mushrooms
- Where to start with Functional Mushrooms
- The different forms of Functional Mushrooms – from powders, capsules and elixirs
- What about tremella – the underdog ‘shroom?
- Favourite ways to use Functional Mushrooms
- Our Naturopath favourite Functional Mushrooms
- And so much more...
If you have a health goal you'd like support with, please consult a health professional, Choose Well with HealthPost is not intended to be health advice, and the views expressed on this podcast are our own.