Chocolate fondue with a nutritious twist? Count me in. Using superfood Matcha and vegan-friendly white chocolate, this delicious flavour combo is sure to be a crowd favourite.
If the festive colours aren’t enough, the 10-minute prep time is sure to win you over. Whether you’re short on time or after an easy – yet delicious dessert (or afternoon treat), go on and indulge yourself to a flavoursome recipe that feels as good as it tastes.
Simply melt, mix and dip – it's as easy as that. Top it off by dipping the tip of the strawberries into hemp seeds and you’ve got yourself a nutritious snack when sweet cravings are on the rise.
Your nutritious superstar: Matakana Superfoods Matcha Organic Tea Powder
Finely grounded using green tea leaves, Matcha is a feel-good superfood packed with antioxidants and amino-acid L-theanine, which is used as a supplement for
welcoming relaxation – perfect just in time for the holidays.
My favourite ways to enjoy Matcha:
- Added to smoothies (superfood summer smoothies anyone?)
- Baked goods or raw treats
- Mixed into your morning cuppa – I recommend this stress-busting matcha latte, mmm.
For everyday protein and healthy fats: Chantal Organics Organic Hemp Hearts
Looking for an extra energy boost? After healthy fats to add to your diet? Hemp hearts are sure to impress. Great for vegans and vegetarians alike – or anyone looking to up their protein intake, this plant-based goodness is a great option for healthy energy – and it’s rich in omegas too.
With a subtle nutty flavour and delicate crunch, it’s a superb topping for your morning cereal, groundinto flour or as a dessert topping over your favourite homemade slice – our lemon ginger protein slice is a good place to start.
- 2 cups white chocolate or dairy-free alternative Loving Earth Organic White Chocolate
- ½ -1 Tablespoon Matakana Superfoods Matcha Organic Tea Powder
- 2 punnets fresh strawberries
- Crushed nuts or Chantal Organics Organic Hemp Hearts
- Pop your washed and dried strawberries into the freezer for a few minutes while you prepare the matcha chocolate- this will help the chocolate to set into a hard shell quickly.
- Melt the white chocolate either over a bain-marie or in the microwave until completely melted and smooth.
- Mix in the matcha powder until evenly incorporated.
- Dip each strawberry into the melted matcha chocolate until generously coated. Place onto a piece of parchment paper and repeat with remaining strawberries until all are coated.
- If decorating your strawberries with crushed nuts or hemp seeds make sure you sprinkle or dip before the chocolate hardens.
- If you have any leftover chocolate, spread onto a small piece of parchment paper, top with additional matcha powder, chopped nuts and hemp seeds and let harden. Break into pieces and enjoy.
Makes: 18 strawberries | Prep Time: 10 minutes
What's inside? Nutritional goodness per serve*
Total Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 7g
Net Carbohydrate: 0g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|