You may know of collagen's support for healthy hair, skin and nail growth - but what about incorporating it into your daily diet? If you're ready to mix up your traditional collagen-water ritual with some delicious, glow-worthy recipes - you've come to the right place.
What is the benefit of taking collagen?
Collagen is commonly known for its ability to support hair, nail, and skin health. However, many of us may not be familiar with how to include it in our diet. If you're eager to diversify from the usual collagen-water or smoothie routine and explore tasty recipes, this is an excellent starting point.
These delightful recipes showcase the versatility of collagen, with a focus on its role in supporting health.
This essential protein supports skin elasticity, joint health, and strong hair and nails.
Here you will find 5 of the yummiest recipes featuring collagen, bone broth or gelatin to inspire you to create delicious homemade recipes like beauty your daily coffee, marshmallow, bliss balls or a nourishing soup.
1. Collagen iced coffee
Love your daily dose of coffee? You're sure to love this collagen iced cuppa. Incorporating additional protein, nutrients and antioxidants - you'll be buzzing with goodness. Providing a velvety texture and extra flavour to your cuppa, Dose & Co's Collagen Creamer Vanilla is a terrific addition to your pantry shelf.
- 1x serving of cold brew coffee (decaf or iced tea are both lovely alternatives)
- 2 Tablespoons of Dose & Co Collagen Creamer Vanilla
- 1/2-1 cup of your favourite milk
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Prepare the cold brew the night before. Simply steep coffee ground in cold water overnight.
- When ready to drink, stir a serve of collagen into the coffee (we like to shake in a jar to combine thoroughly).
- Pour in the milk, add ice cubes, and enjoy.
2. Banana bread collagen bliss balls
Busy days ahead? Indulge in these delicious, banana bread flavoured bliss balls. With generous additions of velvety cashew butter, ground cinnamon and BePure's Collagen & Ceramides + Hyaluronic Acid, these treats are an easy snack to supercharge your day.
- 4 Tablespoons BePure Collagen & Ceramides + Hyaluronic Acid
- 1 banana, mashed
- 10 pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (+ extra for decoration)
- Pop all ingredients in a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Chill your mixture for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Roll into balls - about a tablespoon of mixture each.
- Once bliss balls are all formed, roll in desiccated coconut to coat.
3. 4 ingredient skin-loving sugar free collagen popsicles
Packed with skin-loving antioxidants from fresh in-season red plums and Radiance Pure Marine Collagen Powder, these popsicles are not only a treat for your taste buds – but your hair, skin and nails too. Did we mention they’re sugar-free too?
Prepared in as quick as 15 minutes and with only four ingredients, they’re a simple yet nourishing option for all to enjoy. But be warned...they won’t stick around for long!
- 1.5kg plums (5 cups flesh)
- 37g Radiance Pure Marine Collagen Powder
- ½ teaspoon NOW Foods Monk Fruit Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Matakana Superfoods Blueberry Powder(optional)
- Remove the pits from plums. Add the plum flesh to a blender along with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high-speed until a smooth consistency is reached. Pour into popsicle moulds and insert popsicle sticks.
- Place into the freezer until frozen or overnight.
4. Homemade gooey marshmallows
Craving a healthier marshmallow option? This delicious recipe, featuring rice malt syrup, grass-fed gelatin, and cornflour, offers a tasty and nutritious twist. This is perfect for camping (smores, anyone?) or weekend fun with the little ones. The fluffy texture makes them a satisfying treat in hot chocolate or on their own.
- 3 Tablespoons Nutra Organics Natural Gelatin
- 1 cup water, divided
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Rice Syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or essence
- ¼ cup cornflour - for coating
Optional add ins:
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon Radiance Beetroot Powder - for a gorgeous pink colour
- 1 Tablespoon favourite latte powder (we recommend Nutra Organics Golden Latte)
- 1 Tablespoon Matakana Superfoods Matcha Organic Tea Powder
- 2 Tablespoons BioBalance Certified Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 1-6 drops food colouring
- Line a 20x20cm tray or container with baking paper, and lightly brush with melted coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the gelatin with ½ a cup of water and set aside to let the gelatin bloom (absorb water).
- Meanwhile - in a small pot, combine the remaining ½ cup of water with the rice malt syrup, honey and salt. Heat on medium-high heat. Mix only until combined. Then bring the mixture to a gentle boil and cook for 10-15 minutes (or until mixture reaches 115 degrees Celsius if you have a candy thermometer).
- With an electric mixer running on low speed, slowly stream the hot sweetener mix into the bloomed gelatin. Gradually increase the speed of your mixer and continue to mix until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. It will take approximately 10 minutes of mixing. At the last minute, add in the vanilla and optional flavourings. Make sure not to over mix as the marshmallow will begin to set.
- Working quickly, scrape the marshmallow fluff into your lined tray and smooth over the top with a spatula.
- Let sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Once set, using a lightly oiled knife cut into giant squares, dust each square with corn flour.
- Enjoy as a tasty treat. Toast or dunk in a hot chocolate. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
5. 20-min nourishing ginger chicken soup
Indulge in a quick and nutritious 20-minute weeknight meal loved by the whole family. Dive into the goodness of bone broth, rich in collagen for supporting immune health and a happy gut. Easily prepared in advance for a workday lunch or as a comforting dinner, it welcomes any leftover veggies for added versatility. Pair it with fresh sourdough or freeze for busy days - this recipe is your go-to for convenient and wholesome meals with a collagen boost.
- 2 small organic chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-6 cm fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 Tablespoons Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
- 1.5L boiling filtered water
- 2 Tablespoon Chantal Organics Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 cups frozen or canned corn
- To poach the chicken, place the whole raw chicken breasts in the bottom of a medium pot and cover it with boiling water from the jug. Simmer on medium heat for approximately 18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken breast from the water and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat a generous drizzle of olive oil in the base of a large pot, add the chopped onion, minced garlic and ginger to the pot and sauté until fragrant. Add the chopped carrots and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour in the boiling water then add the bone broth powder and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Bring to a simmer on a medium-high heat and cook until the carrots are tender.
- Using a stick blender, blend half of the corn kernels.
- Shred the cooked chicken breast with your hands and add it back into the soup. Add the corn and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with a slice of fresh sourdough.
Makes: 4 servings | Dairy Free
Keen to know more about collagen benefits? Learn more here: Collagen Peptides: their role in joint health.
|Shop Collagen →