If you thought pancakes were just for breakfast - or enjoyed as a sweet dish, this recipe is sure to convince you otherwise. These savoury turmeric pancakes are perfect for a quick light lunch or easy weeknight dinner option and are a great way to use up leftover veggies in the fridge.
Paired with a delicious homemade sweet chilli sauce (without all the refined sugar) this easy dish might make its way onto a regular rotation.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup Matakana Superfoods Pure Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chantal Organics Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Radiance Beetroot Powder (optional)
- 2 fresh chillies, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tapioca flour + 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch salt
- BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (for frying)
- Ceres Organics Organic Sauerkraut
- Cucumber, sliced
- Red and orange baby capsicum, sliced carrot, julienned or pickled
- Pea sprouts
- Spring onion
- Fresh mint leaves
- ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated
- To make the turmeric pancake batter, combine rice flour, turmeric powder, coconut cream and water. Whisk together and set aside to rest.
- To make the sweet chilli sauce, add water, vinegar, coconut sugar, tamari and beetroot powder (if you're using this) to a small pot, and bring to a gentle simmer. Then add the chopped garlic and chilli, whilst whisking to dissolve the sugar. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to let flavours infuse.
- Mix together tapioca flour and water in a small dish and add to sauce to thicken. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Prepare veggies and arrange on a plate ready for serving.
- Heat a medium sized pan on high heat, once smoking hot, add coconut oil and pour in a ¼ cup of the pancake mix, swirling the pan to cover the entire base. Small bubbles will appear and create a lace-like appearance. Once pancake is cooked on top and crispy on the bottom slide onto a plate then repeat with remaining pancake mix.
- To serve, fill the turmeric pancake with a selection of fresh veggies, sauerkraut and a sprinkle of activated seed mix. Finish with a generous drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|